Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Food Chain


As I sit here writing this blog a gecko just dropped from the ceiling, a rat ran across the ceiling beam and a huge thump slid down the roof while a dog tirelessly barked at my back door. I then heard some screeching meows and a crying whine. I would suspect the cat had been staked out on the roof waiting for the rat and took and unfortunate fall right into the dogs prowl. I’ve been trapped into a triangle of prey. The not so welcome rat, that has been a common evening visitor, was apparently found out by a neighborhood cat. Which in turn got the dog a little excited. A Tom and Jerry chase by far more amusing than any cartoon.

I will have to admit, I am cheering for the cat. Especially because tonight the rat took a short pause to stop and plop a terd on my books, as if mockingly saying, “Nanny nanny boo boo, you can’t catch me.”




1 comment:

  1. Seriously? I mean if you're gonna be a rat, at least be a polite one. Go Team Cat!

    ReplyDelete