Tuesday, July 19, 2011

College


Ramen noodles are claimed to be a dsetitute college kids staple, which still hold true as a “poor student” in this school of life. The other day while shopping I came across some ramen noodle knock offs “Loveme fideo”. Even better, they were only 9 cents a piece. Considering it costs me $2.50 to splurge for the most affordable spaghetti noodles , I couldn’t pass up an offer for 9 cents. The whole Italian cooking thing hasn’t caught on here. Its always rice and more rice, and when there are noodles they will unequivocally be accompanied with rice. I can’t imagine that these Asian style noodles are the paradigm of health food, but plain white rice needs a substitute now and then. So I made my healthy spin on ramen noodles, reminiscent of those exam cramming days in Centerville Hall.


1 comment: